Friday, July 20, 2012

The truth about bullying 

                                                                      
How many deaths is it going to take for people to realize that bullying has got to end? Between fourth and eighth grade 90% of students are hostages of bullying. When you think of a bully you think of someone who is rude. Someone who has the ability to pick on others which makes him feel on top of the world. As the myth goes on, he is very rare. Sadly to say, bullying someone can make you very popular. Researchers feel that bullying should not be handled as the part of growing up. I don’t blame them; it is time to put an end to bullying once and for all.

Yet, here is the question. Why would someone waste their time picking on others? Uninvolved parents tend to make the bully feel like they are not loved. Aggression in the family is another result of bullying. If your parent or parents hurt you in any physically way, bullies feel they need to injure others so they too can feel what the bully felt when they were being hurt. Bullying is more likely to happen in schools that do not stress the rules enough. Although certain schools do stress the rules, it seems as if the message is not getting across to everyone very clearly.


Oh, how many times I have heard “Not my daughter.” “Not my son”. The truth is, 50 % percent of the time it is your daughter, it is your son. You just choose not to believe your kid can be capable of bullying another kid so you just ignore the situation. Not to mention, some parents even encourage their kids to bully. For that matter, I am not even sure why parents do that. People need to start paying attention because too many youths are dying in today’s society from being bullied. One of 10 students even drops out of school because they are bullied.

In ninth grade I had a girl who used to bully me. She was taller, thicker, and way immature. She only messed me with me because I was pretty and I was something that she could never amount to be. One day as I was exiting from the Freshman Center she was being approached by a junior or a senior I believe. She kept her head down low and said not a word to the girl. That shows you how bullies only torment the ones who are not going to do anything to them. You will not even believe what happens next.

Young girl being bullied at school

4 comments:

  1. This is an excellent blogging page! You really made some great points about bullying.The bar has been set high for our blogging class, I am going to have to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope you visit me soon for i will have more information and videos about bullying. I wish you the best of luck on you blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful idea for a blog. I believe it could be very useful, especially to those who have experienced bullying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much and i hope you continue to follow my blog as it expands :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!